Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back in Circulation

Had my 8th annual check-up on my leg grafts last week.
The absolute good news, is that my circulation is the same at my ankles, as it is on my arm. They do blood pressure tests at both sites and see how they measure up. What this means practically, is that any surgery I may need as a result of diabetes and/ or infections, can be done mostly safely. As in, healing can happen because I can get oxygen down to my feet and back.

I know, most people take that for granted, but middle aged men really shouldn't. There seems to be psa's on tv now, for PAD. Peripheral Artery Disease. If you get pain and cramps after walking a short distance, but the pain subsides upon resting; you have Intermittent Claudication. Get it checked out!

And stop smoking!!!!!!! There is a genetic component to this disease; smoking cigarettes is like holding a gun to your head.

So, at the moment, all is pretty good in the health department.

Besides the pneumonia I had last month and the two unhealed wounds I have on my feet.

But, i'm certainly mentally happier!

No comments: