Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finished Studio



 Just a couple of photos of the painted walls and a shelf or two.
My Synth, which I love Already! I am going to bring back Disco!
Donna Summer is back home in Somerville; I'll look her up.
I'm loading my stuff in tomorrow. Saturday - maybe I'll get help.
My acoustic foamy tile thingies are due to arrive tomorrow or Monday.
Great job Sweetwater! I'll need to "tune" the room to make it sound
great for recording live. I'll be recording live to tape and digital.
Where do you get extra digitals? I got lots of tape left over from the '60's.


The window on the far wall is blocked in, and locked up.

No  security risk there! ( I hope )

A few guitars already in there.
The digital recorder is there. I'll get the monitors up and away to get them in the best "hearing" position. Right now, the room is not usable, as the sound needs to be tamed. Diffusers and absorbers will be put up soon.

2 comments:

Mr. Bryant said...

wow, you really went to town on this job. It looks great. I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of this place.
Cheers
Dave

Reverend Lowell said...

Thanks Dave. As you may or may not know, I am a poet, and part of my Old Man Existential Crises involves retyping and assembling all the poetry i've ever published and putting a Spoken Word CD out.

Also,I'm writing scripts now for a series to be Web Cast, called "We're Getting the Band Back Together."

I did, in fact, move all my guitars and about eight amp set-ups in today. Photos to follow!